This GE Refrigerator Water Filter device works with GE refrigerators and compatible ones. This is the most advanced filtration device, tested, verified and certified to filter five trace pharmaceuticals, reducing chlorine-resistant cysts and 15 other contaminants.
How pure is your water?
Total Disolved Solids (TDS) is a measure in milligrams per unit volume of water (mg/L), also referred as parts per million (ppm). For drinking water, the maximum concentration level set by the EPA is 500 TDS. Tap water is in the range of 200 – 300, and filtered water brings it to about 50 or less.
- 0 TDS: ideal drinking water
- 50 TDS: carbon filters, mt. springs
- 100 TDS: hard water
- 200 – 300 TDS: Marginally acceptable. This is the average tap water range
- 500 TDS: U.S. EPA’s max contaminant level
Common Elements Removed with Filter Water
- Arsenic is a powerful carcinogenic that has been linked to an increased risk of developing several types of cancer. Tap water contains dangerous levels of arsenic.
- Aluminium is a metal that has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease, hyperactivity, learning disabilities in children, skin problems, liver disease and more. Unfiltered water may lead to increase consumption of aluminium.
- Disinfection Byproducts (DBPs) are harmful elements that result from disinfecting water with chlorine, which is a powerful carcinogenic.
- Fluoride is associated with a wide range of health problems such as weakened immune system and cellular damage that accelerates aging.
Benefits of Filtered Water
Filtered water is the last line of defense between the body and over 2,000 known toxins that your City may not be eliminating.
- Protects the body from disease and leads to overall better health
- Removes cryptosporidium and giardia from drinking water, helping to reduce risk of gastrointestinal disease by more than 33%
- Drinking water gets softer with an improved taste
- Helps children in development of their immune systems
- Is better for the environment than plastic water bottles
- Improves skin hydration
- Enhances nutrient absorption
- Helps with weight loss
- Water is a life-sustaining fluid that may undermine your health when consumed straight from the tap, because it travels through miles of pipelines, picking up contaminants, pesticides and industrial run-off along the way.
- Tap water is water that has been disinfected with potential carcinogens like chlorine, ammonia and chloramines, and then fortified with fluoride.
- Tap water is dirtier that it looks, so you should always drink water that has been filtered, to remove chlorine, fluorine compounds, assorted hormones, pesticides and even trace amounts of prescription drugs.
- We normally don’t have a clue of the chemicals and contaminants in our water, and we do not care much about the long-term effects.
- The Environmental Working Group investigated the country’s drinking water and found that around 85% of the population is drinking tap water, laced with over 300 contaminants, many of them with unknown long-term effects, and more than half are not regulated by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- For an optimal health, it’s not a good idea to drink water containing these harmful chemicals.
Disclaimer: IvankaSecrets.com is not related to the real public figure Ivanka. This is an independent Amazon Affiliate article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.